Fine Art Brokers provides the complete auction service for clients
• Sourcing and reporting on works by particular artists at global auctions
• Access to the inside track and expert opinions
• We can always view auctions in New York, London and Paris
• Given adequate warning, viewing is often possible in other major cities
• Art market analysis and independent condition reports supplied
• Advice on bidding strategy and value
• Anonymity for our clients by bidding on their behalf
• Administrate purchases and check licenses
• Full shipping, delivery and installation services
We spotted this Marc Chagall in a French auction and recommended it to a New York collector. Our French agent, Helene de Saint Chamas, checked the condition of the work and after we had offered a full report and bidding strategy we were successful at a very good price for our client. We arranged shipping and Ray himself hung it in their apartment. The clients didn’t have to leave their apartment.
We bid for this for an important American collector after discussing condition and value and how it fitted it into his collection of Impressionists. After his sad death we were able to place it, on behalf of his estate, at double the purchase price.
This great Rockwell was coming up at a New York auction and we advised a client to bid strongly. It turned out to be good advice since the purchase prices for excellent Rockwell works have perhaps quadrupled.
Extensive viewing & research
Here is Ray Waterhouse at Christies New York chatting with a client. We view all major sales and many minor sales, and scour the world for great art for our clients.
Fine Art Brokers were asked to bid on this in a London auction for an American west coast collector. We arranged condition reports and took our own photos to give him a better idea than just the auction catalogue, and we also gave art market comparisons. It is now safely in his Californian home.
We informed a European client about this work appearing at auction, and arranged every aspect of the process to make him feel comfortable and confident. After bidding we arranged reframing and personal delivery.